Creative Associate – Intermediate or Mid Career Level
Intermediate or Mid Career Level
Salary range: 30,000 – 80,000 p.m
Application Deadline: June 9, 2023
The Creative Associate brings ImpactHouse’s work to life through dynamic and compelling visual storytelling, creative communications that move audiences across various social cadres to uniformly understand our messaging, then ACT as prescribed.
The successful Creative Associate will have a knack for visual storytelling, creative communications with a knowledge of current media and technology and an ability to prioritise and manage challenging deadlines.
To be successful as a Creative Associate, you should have original ideas and have a keen eye for detail. Ultimately, you should be able to create imaginative designs, be open to learning more and create impressive designs that promote the organisation’s vision. The successful candidate works well independently. This role reports to the Creative Specialist.
- Curate content for website
- Conceptualise visuals based on requirements
- Create images and layouts by hand or using design software
- Test graphics across various media
- Interpret user and internal team needs into design solutions
- Develop illustrations, logos and other designs using software or by hand
- Work with creative specialist to produce final design
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Fine Art, Mass Communications or a related field
- One year, minimum, of experience
- Experience in using Adobe Creative Suite, photo retouching skills (Photoshop, Lightroom) with a strong portfolio
- Ability to translate any design into a working product with minimal supervision
- CV should include, or the applicant should be prepared to present, a varied portfolio demonstrating mastery of craft and a track record of results
- Abuja-stationed corp[s] members are eligible to apply
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and portfolios to: email@example.com using the aforementioned job title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Salary is competitive
- Range dependent on experience
We are only able to respond directly to candidates with whom we wish to move forward in the interview process.
ImpactHouse Centre for Development Communication is a tech-driven non-profit using data and storytelling to drive uniform understanding of development messages, thus aiding government/citizen action for good governance, gender equity and justice, education and human rights, media and civil society development.
We privilege local contexts, culture and rely on a mix of communication tools, channels and participatory approaches for uniform comprehension and acceptance of development messages. In 2011, we launched one of our pioneering approaches to journalism and M4D, under the brand Development Diaries, thus emerging as the foremost development sector news/information service agency in Africa.